Friday, September 14, 2012

FASHION FRIDAY: White After Labor Day..Is This Illegal??

This is a question my mother would answer yes it is very illegal. Well someone is gonna have to arrest me because I am going to wear white tonight.  I wish somebody would come give me a fashion citation. I will respond "No, kind Sir. For I dwell in the South."
Story has it that this rule was determined by the separation of classes. Labor Day marked the time where the affluent returned from their vacation, packed away summer clothes and went back to school and work.  While there's a practical reason for not wearing white (white clothes dirty easily due to the weather, making them ill-suited) however those who have been carrying out this rule have had a less practical rule for doing so - because they said so.  Coco Chanel  flouted this custom as early as the 1920's and she did it very well I might add.

What trips me out is that we get all of our "FASHION VOICES" from New York. However, have you guys looked at the Fall Collections that were shown during NYFW? I have seen some white and I have seen the light.  My rule over on this issue is that I am an adult and I will wear what I want to. Tradition be damned...I love WHITE!! As a brown as I am...I deserve to wear a color that compliments my skin and makes me look radiant. 

I hope that you guys come out to the party tonight in your ALL WHITE at Zodiac Bar & Grill and dance and have a good time.  We are breaking rules...THE RIGHTWAY!!!

HAPPY FASHION FRIDAY!!! I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL SO LET'S KEEP THIS GOING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment