Thursday, October 11, 2012

Confessions of a Cosmo Student: WEEK ONE

So I decided to go back to school for the 3rd time.  Yes, I said 3rd.  I don't know when I decided that I was going to embrace and bury myself into education this much. I guess when the military really does pay for your education, you go B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!! It's something about the beauty industry that pulls me in. I am a natural caretaker/giver. I don't think this is something that you ask for, it's just something that happens naturally.


I decided to add this weekly tidbit into my blog because being a single-parent with 2 boys, going to school, starting and growing your own business and on the verge of destitution with no support from the people who call themselves your family is hard work.  My First Lady said something to me the other day that put things into perspective. She said "you have been traveling in the world the entire time, surrounded by so many people, and alone." That was the most truest statement I have ever heard in my life. It's like she read in and just met me.


So this snippet into my weekly life at Virginia College isn't just for you. It's therapy for me. The hood antics and ghetto-ness I see happening everyday in my life of Cosmetology. I chose to go back because I am already licensed in skincare and body wrapping. I think that it is important for us to be well-rounded in any field that we want to grow in.  I love the beauty industry so I will grow in that. And prayerfully with the help of mi fadda's checkbook, I can grow into a nice spot of my own.

PRAY FOR ME, THE SHEARS AND THE BLOW-DRYERS!!

1 comment: