Monday, October 1, 2012

VINTAGE MONDAY: WonderTwins Activate...Tasha and Sidra Smith

Today I wanna celebrate some friends today....Bernice and Beverly.  If you don't know them, you need to. Taking the beauty industry to a whole 'nuther level. One fashion boutique owner of Hazel Eyez Beauty and also an amazing hairstylist, the other is a makeup connoisseur. This Vintage Monday, I really wanted to do something special for them and let them know that I trully care. So I found some of the most beautiful black TWINS that have ever graced this earth.    Ladies and Gentlemen, this Vintage Monday, I would like to pay hommage to:

TASHA AND SIDRA SMITH



A lot of you didn't know Tasha Smith has a twin did you? I mean not "I can drink to that" Tasha? Yes she does and she is absolutely wonderful. Camden, NJ native, known for her roles as Angela Williams alongside the handsome Micheal Jai White in Why Did I Get Married? or Jennifer with the very handsome Idris Elba in Daddy's Little Girls.  This actress was raised by a single mother along with her twin sister Sidra and got the opportunity to play in little roles because of the twin-effect.  As she got older she told people that she was an atheist and went through a downward spiral. She told Essence Magazine that she was a heavy drug-abuser. "I used between 19 and 25." She confessed to smoking two packs of cigarettes a day, to having marijuana everyday and to using cocaine three times a week. She attributed her victory over drugs to "the Grace of God."



I'm gonna call Sidra the private, quiet twin.  Still equally outgoing however on a different realm of the industry. Instead of being in front of the lens, she enjoys oftentimes being behind it.  Her directorial credits are to include A Luv Tale (1999), Playas Ball (2003) and Dead Money (2011).  Her recent writer credits include The Obama Effect (2012).  Sidra who is based in New York but works in Atlanta, loves being in the industry but as a Producer and a Director. Even though from time to time she models with her twin, Tasha.




Here are some pictures of the two. I found a photoshoot they did with the amazing Derek Blanks and they are outstanding. Check out those cheekbones...






Now after all that all I want to say is flawless beauty. Yes, these Pisces women have done and excellent job of exuding natural beauty in any form.  And at age 41, I have to give it to them.  

Hope you guys have an amazing VINTAGE MONDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment