Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Product Review: Mixed Silk for Naturals

I went to Sally's last week for a comb. A COMB!!! And 30 minutes later I walked out with $45 worth of product. Isn't that how it always happens? For good reason though. I got to try a new product.






Silk Elements has created a new line ~Mixed Silk. The motto on the jar is Natural Curls for Natural Girls. I thought that was pretty cool considering the entire line was dedicated to relaxed, color-treated or damaged hair.  Everyone is trying to reach the natural girls. 



Because I am trying to become more active in my co-washing, the first product I used was the Nourishing Deep Conditioner. You are supposed to leave it on your head for 3 minutes however I left it on there for 30 because I had tons of tangles.  I really liked the way that it made the tangles come out very easily. I rinsed thoroughly. 

I then proceeded with the Leave-In Conditioning Creme.

I really liked this bottle because of the pump. I really don't like the upside down bottles. It can become very messy in the shower. It says use from root to tip and you can let air dry or blow dry with a diffuser. I let my naturally dry. I like this leave-in a lot because it didn't feel filmy to me. It was really non-greasy and It gave me a nice shine to my hair that I love. 

And finally, the Curly Gel.

Now I am not a gel girl. I have found that I don't like it because it either leaves a white glaze on my hair or it is very sticky. I am very particular when it comes to my hair as every other woman is. However, I find that this one is nice and light. And instead of my hair scrunching up, it actually holds on to a little length while air drying.  So I would recommend if you are into gels.

I would say overall I still enjoy my natural products however this is a nice line for those who just want to buy something. Plus it came with a FREE gold shimmer bag (Valued at $35). I would highly suggest the Nourishing Deep Conditioner to help with detangling as I feel it serves a double purpose and for $7.99 it wasn't bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment