Monday, March 26, 2012

Vintage Monday: Dorothy Dandridge CONTEST!!!!!!

Everywhere all the time I am watching a fashion show or walking through local boutiques I see more and more the Roaring 20's and then all the way up to the 90's.  Everything is coming back and with a bang.

I wanted to start Vintage Mondays to recognize some classic women of our past and present that have had an impression on me and have really shown me that its okay to be a lady.

I  present to you:

DOROTHY DANDRIDGE



We know her as Carmen Jones. Swinging onto Joe (Harry Belafonte) like she had to have him, only to die at his hands because she didn't want him anymore. Isn't that typical?? Once you get what you can't have, you throw it away and wonder why he becomes a stalker, lol.....hmmm Anyways, she was the first African-American Woman to grace the cover of Life Magazine, First African American Woman to be nominated for an oscar as Best Actress, was a model housewife in the 40's and her style and grace gave every man a run for their money.


CONTEST!! CONTEST!! CONTEST!! CONTEST!! CONTEST!! CONTEST!!

Dorothy Dandridge appeared on the cover of the November 1, 1954 issue of Life, photographed as Carmen by Philippe Halsman. I want to see what you would look like on the cover or Life

Watch the video to get all the rules........


ENJOY YOUR WEEK!! SEE YOU ON FRIDAY!!






No comments:

Post a Comment